OnePlus had recently launched its first-ever tablet in the market. The gadget offered an excellent price-to-performance ratio. However, the brand did see some backlash because of the unoptimized software provided out of the box. The device has started receiving the latest June 2023 security update along with some claimed UI optimizations.
The latest update for the OnePlus Pad has the build number OxygenOS 188.8.131.522. The update brings in the incorporation of the June 2023 Android security patch, reinforcing system security to protect against potential vulnerabilities.
Additionally, this update tackles several user-reported issues, including a bug that caused videos to appear in black and white in specific situations. Another significant improvement relates to the compatibility of external keyboards, resolving associated performance issues.
Alongside the mentioned enhancements, OnePlus has dedicated efforts to improve the overall stability of the system, to deliver a seamless and dependable user experience. Here is the official changelog of the update for your reference:
- Adds a new sharing feature that allows a tablet to use a phone’s communication functions to use the 5G network, make and answer calls, and send and receive SMS messages. (except European models)
- Integrates the June 2023 Android security patch to enhance system security.
- Fixes an issue that might cause videos to turn black and white in certain scenarios.
- Fixes some issues that occur when an external keyboard is used.
- Fixes some issues that affect the Photos app.
- Improves system stability.
The OxygenOS 184.108.40.2062 update for the OnePlus Pad will be gradually released to ensure a smooth installation experience. Initially, a small group of users will receive the OTA update, followed by a wider rollout in the coming days, making the update available to more users.