OnePlus Nord 2 started receiving the Android 13 based OxygenOS 13 update recently, this update brings many new features to device. OnePlus Nord 2 is a standout device in the mid-range smartphone market, with some high-end specs and a premium-like experience. OnePlus Nord 2 is one of the very best smartphones in this segment of the smartphone market. It features some impressive specs including a 50MP main rear camera, 65W fast-charging and a 6.43-inch 1080 x 2400 display with a 90Hz refresh rate.
OnePlus Nord 2 OxygenOS 13 Update Released in India
Android 13 based OxygenOS 13 is now available for OnePlus Nord 2. This is a phased update rollout, meaning update will initially be available to limited users and will be expanded to all users once it’s determined that there are no major issues. So the update will start rolling out gradually, so you may need to be a little patient. OxygenOS 13 basically brings new design, adds Aquamorphic Design theme color, improves visual comfort; upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0 feature new behavior recognition functionality, can recognize complex gestures and provide optimized interaction, and many more features like this.
OnePlus Nord 2 features a 6.43″ FHD+ (1080×2400) 90Hz AMOLED display. Device powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 1200 (MT6893) (6nm) chipset and features a triple camera setup with a 50MP main camera, 8MP ultrawide camera and 2MP depht camera. Device is also equipped with a 4500mAh Li-Po battery with 65W wired Warp Charging (PD 2.0) support. All the changes about the update are available below, you can get information about what your device will gain with the new update based on the changelog.
OnePlus Nord 2 OxygenOS 13 Update Changelog
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
• Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
• Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
• Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
• Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
• Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
• Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
• Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
• Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
• Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & Privacy
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
• Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
• Adds distance-from-phone, ambient light, and sitting posture reminders in Kid Space.
• Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
• Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
• Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
OnePlus Nord 2 users will start receiving this update, OxygenOS 13 update that will start to be distributed in India region will be limited to certain users at first, then it will be given to all users. Visit our OPPO / OnePlus device specification page from here and learn more about the device, stay tuned for more.